You must distinguish between “earnings” which can be unlimited and “contributions” which are limited—several clients put earnings in excess of their annual contribution in their IRAs each year. If someone contributes more than is allowed, it would be considered an excess contribution and would be taxed at the prevailing rate. Individuals over 50 are able to put in a catch-up contribution, presently $1,000/year, for traditional and Roth IRAs. You should always check with your accountant or financial advisor. Our website has contribution limits for all type of plans.

Get a Free Phone Consultationstart now