The 401(k) Plan Document or Summary Plan Description will specify whether you have complete self-direction (including real estate and notes). You should ask your plan administrator or Benefits Department at your place of employment about the investment options available. If you have a profit sharing, money purchase or defined benefit plan, the same applies.

Your plan may permit you to roll eligible funds from your 401(k) or other qualified plan account to a self-directed plan that permits complete investment flexibility. Again, your plan administrator or Benefits Department can provide you guidance.

CamaPlan would be glad to talk to your Benefits Department or the CEO to discuss the merits of incorporating true self-direction.

Get a Free Phone Consultationstart now